Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Apple Pie for Fall Evenings

It's hard to beat September in Portland. The leaves are changing, the sun is (usually) shining and sunflowers abound in the farmers markets. But my very favorite part of September is making a fresh apple pie to enjoy with a mug of chai tea on a quiet Sunday evening. There's nothing like Sunday Night Football, crispy pie crust with tart apples, and snuggling up in a blanket to perfectly cap off a relaxing weekend.

I made an apple pie last Sunday and officially welcomed fall to my apartment. Next up? Dig out my slippers from the back of the closet, throw an extra blanket on my bed and find my much-loved copy of Anne of Green Gables which I always seem to find myself reading this time of the year. Fall is here! It's time for boots, scarves, soup served with crusty bread, crisp mornings and apple cider. And apple pie, of course.

If you want to try your hand at baking a made-from-scratch apple pie, but feel daunted at the idea of making your own crust... don't worry. I'm here to help! You can order one of my pie kits that includes a pie tin, a homemade crust and the dry ingredients you add to your apples for the filling. It's a cinch to make and you'll instantly have more friends. Being a pie maker does that, you know.

To order one of my pie kits just email me! It'll be the most delicious $15 you spend this fall.


1 comment:

  1. That pie look delicious! And I love the little apples drawn into the crust. So cute! Everything about this is delightful.

    ReplyDelete